After New York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York, New York.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New York, New York. Empty New York, New York.

Post by Admin Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 pm

In the aftermath of the attack on New York, there was a lot of clean up to be done. Billions worth of dollars in damages to buildings, streets, and there's no saying the cost of human lives was more than even that. But the city is resilient, as are the people who live there. Shops pop up again, street vendors still hawk hot dogs and other culinary peculiarities, and eventually people emerged, glancing around warily and eventually just getting back to the rat race again.

Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, frequently is seen helping out around town in some of the rebuilding efforts. Most of it is done now, and he retreats more often to the newly renamed 'Avengers Tower'. People murmur about the tower, formerly known as Stark Tower, and how the heroes who defended and ultimately saved the city reside there. Not entirely true, there's only a handful of the Avengers living there thus far. It's still mostly Stark Tower.

Today Steve is actually out on a leisurely drive around the town. One of his bike projects, an old Harley he'd been tinkering with, is in running order and he's testing it on the road. He left a note for Tony, so he wouldn't worry. He's heading for Central Park. It's a nice day, the weather is decent and the sun is shining down nice.

Admin
Admin

https://afternewyork.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

New York, New York. Empty Re: New York, New York.

Post by Iolite Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Torree Montez sat balanced on a rock outcropping in Central Park. He occasionally looked up and watched the newly named Avengers Tower with an expression of indecision. Turning his gaze back to his hands he concentrated and the hand pressed against the rocks shifted from brown skin to crystal; the crystal caught a sunbeam and refracted the light out from his perch. Clenching that fist Torree looked back up at the Tower his expression determined as his hand shifted back into flesh.

Six months before he had been given a crystal from a meteor strike to add to his rock collection. When he had taken it out into the sunlight to get a good look at it it had warmed in his hand then been absorbed into his skin. The next thing he knew he was coated in crystal armor.

It had taken him a while but he had figured out how to control the transformation. Torree had wanted to fully learn how to control his new powers before doing anything ... but then New York happened.

Torree felt he had enough control even if he wasn't sure then extent of what he could now do and he had traveled to the city as fast as possible. By the time he got there his skills as a EMT were more useful. Now that those skill were not in as desperate he still felt the need do something more.

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Tony Stark, doing what Tony Stark does best, was holed up in his lab, working on a new bit of weaponry for his latest suit. Try as he might there was always something bigger and better to be had and improvements were a must. He had been down there for hours, ever since Steve had headed out earlier that day, but that was no surprise. If not together, the two men had their own interests and were certainly happy to pursue them alone.

His stomach warned him that he should probably eat something, but he stubbornly persisted, ignoring aches and growls in favour of soldering just -one- more thing.

It took Jarvis prompting him to go and eat, (at Steve's insistence), for him to finally roll his eyes and head from the lab down to the kitchen for a quick bite. Of course, that 'bite' consisted of him ordering take out Thai, and he promptly made his way back down to the lab to work while waiting for his food.

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:43 pm

The park is quite lovely today. The temperature isn't the usual sweltering at this time of the year, there's been a recent rain followed by a cool front. So at this time of the day it's in the mid-70s and there's people out enjoying the weather.

And there are miscreants skulking about as well. Actually they're after one person, who they simply refer to as 'The Asset'. Reacquiring him is a priority. Several agents lurk in the park, some disguised as joggers, others as lurkers. There's even a lady with a baby stroller who seems more interested in who's in the park. There also isn't a baby in that stroller, but who can really tell with there being something bundled in there.

Steve parks his motorcycle and heads into the park. He's wearing jeans and a shirt that somewhat fits his physique. Clearly Pepper and Natasha chose his clothing for him, just so they had eye candy at the tower.

On realizing this is not the Asset, several agents make a U-Turn and start following who they have identified as 'Captain Rogers'. If they can't have one, the other will due just as well...

And of course the Captain saunters by Torree, completely unaware, with several people following him not being very stealthy about it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Torree stands and stretches his gaze still on the Avengers Tower. Turning back to start down to the path he hesitates as he notices several people following a well built blond. He looks at the blond again and his eyes widen as he recognizes Captain Steve Rogers.

With a slight frown Torree drops down from the rock face and starts to run toward the Captain on an intercept course. After another glance back to the multiple people following Captain Rogers, Torree's frown deepened and he called out, "Captain Rogers!"

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:34 pm

"Sir..." Jarvis tries once more to interrupt. "...while I am certain that Captain Rogers would approve of your decision to eat, it does not actually count as eating unless you ... eat."

Tony just rolled his eyes, glancing briefly away from the bit of machinery before him and toward the waiting brown paper bag full of take out. "In a minute, J... I'm almost done with this..."

"Sir..." Jarvis tries again. "... you said that ten minutes ago, your food will be cold shortly."

"J.... I've eaten cold food before... it won't kill me." Tony insists.

"That is true, Sir... but Captain Rogers would hardly approve..." The AI reminds, prompting Tony to sigh and think about it for a moment.

"You know, I'm pretty sure that's some kind've emotional manipulation there, Jarvis... Captain Rogers wouldn't approve of that either." He argues.

"Captain Rogers approves of all my methods, Sir... particularly when they get you to eat."

Rolling his eyes, Tony finally sets down his soldering gun and reaches for the bag.

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Steve has this quiet, pleasant little smile on his face, but it vanishes as someone calls his name. There's a little bit of a wince, because when someone recognizes him, there tends to be a crowd soon after.

And the people following him? Suddenly disperse. Oh look, nothing to see here, just jogging this way. Totally walking my child in a stroller. Doo be doo.

"Ah hello, do I know you?" he asks the stranger approaching him. Of course he doesn't, really Steve you should know by now that people are just going to recognize you sometimes.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Torree frowns after the dispersing people then looks back to Steve. "Sorry, Sir. You had several people on your tail," he says as he tilts his head toward one of the joggers then the woman with the carriage.

As the people who were following disperse more Torre introduces himself, "I am Torree Montez, Sir. About six months ago I had something ... odd happen to me. When I heard about what happened here I came thinking I might be able to help." Shrugging Torree smiled a bit, "Of course, by the time I managed to get here, you and the others had already taken care of things. I've been working with the locals and trying to figure out the best way to approach you."

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:23 pm

He eats, bit by bit, still finding ways to work while eating and for now, Jarvis leaves him be. At least he -is- eating... somewhat.

Tony glances briefly at the clock, Steve has been gone for a while, but that is nothing unusual, he might check in on him a bit though, just to see if he has any ideas for their evening. Such is life when super-domestic.

He grins a little and pops another fried noodle into his mouth.

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Steve lifts a blonde brow at the mention of having a tail. He glances over his shoulders-- good one Steve-- and of course he's going to notice there are people milling around who aren't there for just a day in the park. With a sigh he says, "They're not even trying. Come on, let's move before they start in with innocent civilians nearby."

Proper introductions will have to wait, Steve is moving at a fast walk down the path and expecting Torree to follow. He pulls out his phone. "Jarvis, let Tony know I might need some backup at Central Park."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Following quickly after Captain Rogers Torree glances around taking in how many other might be drawn in if something were to happen. He unconsciously echos the Captain's sigh and clamps down on his own nervousness.

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:07 pm

"Sir? Captain Rogers is calling." Jarvis suddenly chimes in and the tone of 'his' voice carries slight apprehension. "He is requesting back up in Central Park."

That catches Tony's attention in a flash and he pushes away from his worktable, already on the move toward his suit. "Patch him through on my comm, J." He instructs as he steps up to the suit and the armor begins to form up around him, sheathing his body, always making him feel like the superhero he is both believed, and claims, to be. As the visor slides shut over his face he can already see Steve's image up on the HUD.

"What's up, Cap?" He questions, making for the nearest balcony. "...too many paparazzi? Need a lift home?"

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Steve keeps his pace quick but doesn't break into a run until he's off the beaten path, away from innocent people strolling the park and glances over his shoulder. One, to reassure himself that Torree is still there, and two, to see if the Hydra operatives are following them. They are. And once they're in the shade of the trees and there aren't as many people around to see, one of them pulls a rather large weapon from the stroller and points it at them. "Captain Rogers, halt!"

He doesn't, breaking into a run toward the tree line and speaking into his comm at the same time. "Hydra, Tony!" He figures that's more than enough to get Tony moving. "Gonna need my shield." And then he's ducking behind a tree and reaching out to pull Torree with him if he needs to.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Torree breaks into a run along with the Captain at the yell from behind them. Even though he is quite fit keeping up with Captain America, even for a short run, is a bit out of his league; the tug behind the tree is helpful.

Crouching down Torree plants his hand on the ground, looks up at Steve, and crystal flows up his body, dark skin and clothing shifting to clear crystal, light refracting within his form as a sunbeam hits him. Wings of light appear, folded tightly against his body. Still looking up at Steve Torree quietly says, "On your call, Captain." There is a new crystalline undertone to Torre's voice with his transformation.

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Hydra...

The mere mention has Tony moving faster, his movements now full of purpose. On his way to the door, he snags Steve's shield and a vest, he is really tired of the other man getting shot due to substandard armor, and rockets off the balcony.

"Be there in a flash Steve... you just keep your head down." He replies into his calm, all teasing tone now gone from his voice.

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Steve glances toward Torree as if about to either give instructions or reassurance, and then he just stops, watching the transformation. "Just... don't do anything that'll get yourself killed, please." There's your cue, Torree, time to show the Captain what you're made of.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Giving Steve a nod Torree flexes his fingers then grips the ground, his fingertips digging in. There is a startled cry from the Hydra agent with the large weapon. If Steve looks around the tree he would see her feet encased in crystal and the crystal continuing to grow up one side to also encase her arm and weapon.

Closing his eyes Torree concentrates and clenches his hand driving his fingers further in to the earth. Crystals spears shoot up from between the tree roots between the two hiding behind the tree and the Hydra Agents. As the agents move toward them the spears merge and block their way.

Standing to full height Torre let his wings relax from their tightly furled position. The Hydra agents see a spreading glow from behind the tree though the new crystal wall. Watching the shapes through the crystal Torree engulfs another agent's legs in crystal.

Knowing he wasn't going to be able to keep all of them pinned at this rate, maybe a distraction would do until Iron Man got there. "Cap, cover your eyes." His wings unfurling fully to an impressive wingspan, he rises into the air just above the crystal wall and into a bright sunbeam. The light reflects wildly in his form as he  seems to curl in on himself. His wings snap out again as he straightens and there is a blinding flash of light.

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:22 pm

It was the flash that really got his attention, and for a moment, Tony is infinitely greatful for the fact that his visor can filter out such things. An explosion? His heart skips a beat as he calls over the comm.

"Cap? You alright? I saw that explosion, I'm thirty seconds out..." He informs, pushing a bit more power into speed.

Why is it that Steve can't even take a walk in the park without it becoming some kind of warzone? Not that it is Steve's fault, he knows, but Hydra.... Hydra he really just wants to -end-.

As he comes into visual range, he spots the scene below. Hydra agents scrambling, Steve hunkered down behind a tree and...

"What the hell is that...?"

Streaking in from above, he drops the Shield and vest for Steve to catch and without a moments hesitation tackles the flying crystal, light, whatever to the ground.

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 pm

"I'm ok, I have a--" he cuts out as Tony dives toward the ground, tossing the shield as he moves. The shield he catches easily, holding it to his side as he glances at the vest. A vest? Oh Tony.

But then he realizes Tony is heading straight for Torree. "No, Tony, he's a fr--"

Thankfully Hydra operatives are scattering at this point, those who can. There's also the wail of a siren in the near distance. "Tony, he's ok. He helped me against Hydra." This is said more softly as he approaches the two hand holds a hand out to Torree to help the poor guy back to his feet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Iron Man tackling Torree to the ground causes a ringing to come from his form; the sound cuts off abruptly as Torree hits the ground.

Staying stock still as Iron Man pins him to the ground Torree hears Steve's quiet reassurance but doesn't move at all until he is released. When he can he accepts Steve's hand up, the feel of his hand is like well carved, sun warmed, crystal yet somehow feels alive.

Last edited by Iolite on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 pm

He pauses as they crash to the ground, taking a moment to well and truly look at the man/creature pinned beneath him. "Friend, huh?" Tony tilts his head, giving Torree a 'look' before pushing up off of him and stepping back alongside Steve, watching as the blonde offers a hand up to their 'fallen comrade'.

"You know this guy?" He asks Steve, glancing around quickly to make sure there are no immediate threats before opening the faceplate of his suit. Wary brown eyes look to Torree first and then to Steve and then to the wall of crystal surrounding them. "...Huh.... looks like he did a good job of having your back." Again he looks to Torree.

"What's your name, kid?"

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Steve hefts Torree up to his feet effortlessly. Only then does he take the time to glance at his hand and wonder about that warmth, then up toward the wall surrounding them. "No... we just met."

Then, a bit more quietly, he asks, "Are you all right?" Because he knows what it's like to get hit by Tony in the suit at high velocity.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolite Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Once Torree is on his feet he folds his wings along his back and looks over at Tony. "I'm Torree Montez ... this," he gestures at himself briefly, "is fairly new."

At Steve's murmur Torree looks back to him his expression a bit hard to read because of the crystal but he looks a bit shocked and, well, like someone pull a rug out from under him. He answered quietly, "I'm okay ... that should have hurt but ..." He gives a half shrug and his expressive becomes a little pensive.

The sound of sirens is getting closer and Torre seems to refocus. Looking between the other two men he softly asks, "What do you want me to do with them?" He inclines his head to the two operatives still pinned in crystal as the crystal wall begins to recede slowly back in to the ground.

Iolite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EinarFox Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:22 pm

At that question, Tony looks to the pinned operatives, then back to Steve, suggesting. "Take them with us? We can hold them safely at the Tower, they won't have access to anything. Maybe we can get some information out of them?"

He knows all too well that Steve is still searching for Bucky, and if anyone might have a clue as to where he might start, or what Hydra is up to, it might be their new 'captives'.

"And how about you?" He looks to Torree then. "Up for a little tour?"

EinarFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Steve frowns at the operatives momentarily. The sirens are getting louder, however, and they needed to leave, soon. "Yeah, let's take them with." Not that they had anywhere to put them, he realizes, but better than just letting them go. A glance at Tony. "How do we get them back to the tower, though?"

Sorry Tony, you can show off your toys to the new guy later. Work first.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum